Thursday 25 July 2013

Challenge #7 - Favourite Fancy Fold & Why

Thank you to everyone who entered our last challenge. 
Our winner, selected at random is:

#31 Debbie S



Please email us at AsYouLikeItChallenge@hotmail.co.uk to claim your prize, 
and don't forget to grab your *winners* badge below:






and our Top 3 5 (yup, I couldn't reduce it to 3 again) are :

#2 Mian Hahne



#4 Lorraine A



#9 Papersniffer



#22 Lesley




#41 Debbie S




Congratulations and please grab our *Top 5* badge to display on your blog:







So, onto our 7th challenge





The sponsor of this challenge is 
Handy Hippo
who are offering £10 voucher to their lovely store for our winner.

 photo handy-hippo-craft-supplies_zpsf60042a5.jpg







This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a project using 
your Favourite Fancy Fold & Why.
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.


Here are the beautiful creations made by our Design Team to get your mojo flowing:


My favourite fold is a J-fold (or Joy-fold). 
It's so quick and easy to make and I love the focus on the image in the finished result.
Here's my finished card:


And here's an image before I constructed it so that 
you can see the main two component parts. 
The smaller folded square is stuck down inside the larger one,
and they open in opposite directions.



Well my NEW favourite Fancy fold has to be the one that 
Annette recently did a tutorial for.
You can see the tutorial here.
Thanks Annette :)



Carol
One of my favourite folds is the gate-fold.
Have made it clean and simple with the focus on the image and use of pretty papers.




Mojca
I love book cards! 
They are so simple to make and a little bit special and fancy.



Sarah
My favourite fancy fold is the centre stepper card.
 The layout is done and all you have to do is decorate it!!



So now it's over to you.
We hope you will join in our challenge, show us your style and 
showcase your Favourite Fancy Fold.

Good luck, and happy crafting.
Hugs from the AYLI girls.




9 comments:

  1. I love the Fancy fold I used in my card! It is so fun to decorate all the little spaces and can be manipulated with s many themes of cards! My absolute Favorite! Love the site! Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, it's gorgeous Angela, I've only tried this one once before and got muddled with the base card itself, but I agree that it's lovely to decorate.

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for choosing my card for the top 5. Congrats to the other too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful DT creations! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to the winner and the other Top 5, fab creations gals!

    Thank you so much for picking my creation as Top 5!

    Have a great day!
    Hugs Mian

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're all welcome girls. Hope you join us again this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for choosing my card as one of the top 5 and also as the lucky winner picked at ramdom.
    I've sent an e-mail.
    Hope to play along again this time - fabulous challenge theme and beautiful DT inspiration.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for selecting me to be in your top5. Congrats to the winner and all the other top 5 peeps.
    Looking forward to playing along again
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tfs the gorgeous DT creations and thanks for the fabulous challenge hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete