Thursday 18 May 2017

Favourite Skin or Fur colour combo (and why)



Thank you to everyone who entered our last challenge. 
Our winner is:



 Valerija


Please email us at AsYouLikeItChallenge@hotmail.co.uk to claim your prize, 
and don't forget to grab your *winners* badge below:



Congratulations and please grab our *Top 3* badge to display on your blog:







So, onto our next challenge





The sponsor of this challenge is


Prizes: - 3 digi stamps voucher worth £6.75


This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a project using 
Your Skin/fur Colour combo (in whatever colouring medium you use (& why).
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.

Here are the beautiful creations made by our Design Team to get your mojo flowing:


I've opted for fur, since I prefer critters, and I've used my two 'go-to' combinations for grey and brown critters.  Using my Distress Ink reinkers to watercolour the kitties, the grey tabby is a mix of Hickory Smoke and Black Soot and the ginger tabby is a base of Antique Linen with Brushed Corduroy and Vintage Photo for the darker bits.  I also sometimes add some Gathered Twigs or Ground Espresso for extra contrast in the shadows, like under my ginger kitty's sign.  I love the warmth of these colours and the way they complement each other.







Samantha
I don't tend to lean toward making a huge amount of cards with people images but sometimes there
is a need for them and on this occasion I needed an 18th Card for a good friends daughter
I always go for pale skin tones I find them the easiest to create so they are my favourites
I work with Spectrum Noir Pens for the skin so I have used:
TN1, FS2, FS4, FS8, CR4 and CR7.

My favorite colors to use for fur are usually any of the grey, but it kinda depends on what kind of fur I am coloring.  I especially love the Copic cool and warm greys because they just seem to blend so beautifully.  The combo I used here is C3, C5 and C7.



Elaine


I love using warm tones for dog fur. I usually use beige, tan and brown Promarkers. I think these colours make the pups look cute and cuddly.


I colour fur with my prismacolor pencils, because they have a perfect combination that I love. I use PC941 Light umber, PC1082 Chocolate and PC942 Dark chocolate. It gives a nice warm glow that I really love. But I also have another secret for colouring fur: Colour on hammered paper! Fur looks amazing on it. ;)




I do most of my colouring with Copics and the fur for this bear is done with E30, E31 and E34.  I use quite a few in the E30 range and I like these three as I find them easy to blend and they are not too light, not too dark, in fact just right (for me anyway). 





When I am using Promarkers, my default skin colours are Apricot, Oatmeal, Blush and Baby Pink for a great blend.



I love my critter stamps, and tend to favour warm golden colours.  With Distress Inks I achieve this with a base coat of Scattered Straw, a top coat of Tea Dye, and Brushed Corduroy for the darker parts, with occasional Walnut Stain for real depth when I am feeling brave.







Lately I don't color so many stamps. But when I choose a stamp for a card it's usually an animal. In this case I chose my all time favorite mouse: Henry. I always color with Copic markers. Henry's coat I always color with cool gray (C0, C1, C2, C3).



So now it's over to you.
We hope you will join in our challenge, show us your style and
showcase Your Skin/fur Colour combo (in whatever colouring medium you use (& why).
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.


Good luck, and happy crafting.
Hugs from the AYLI girls.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to my friends Valerija and Natasa and other top picks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for choosing my card for top3! Congrats to all others too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute DT samples. Thanks for the fave fur/skin tone challenge. It was fun to play!

    ReplyDelete